Rep. Hank Johnson (D-GA), the infamous congressman who actually thought that Guam could tip over due to overpopulation, has submitted a beauty for an anti-gun, 2nd Amendment gutting piece of legislation.
Law Enforcement Today reports some of the “highlights”:
- Create a nationwide gun registry
- Universal background checks
- Seven day waiting period for gun purchases
- Ban almost all semi-automatic rifles
- Institute a federal magazine ban
- Implement national “Red Flag” gun confiscation
- Tax guns at 30% and ammunition at 50%
- Ban people under 21 from exercising their Second Amendment Rights (keep in mind, Pelosi wants to lower the voting age to 16)
- Ration guns by making it illegal to purchase more than one firearm in a 30-day period
- Force “Safe Storage” requirements on gun owners
- Ban home builds
- Ban suppressors
- Force FFL’s to spend massive amounts of money to comply with new “security requirements”
- Expand “Gun Free Zones”
- Establish a national database of gun owners
That is not even the worst of it. FPB reports that HR5717 would require gun owners to obtain a permit from the government to purchase guns and ammo. In addition, in order to obtain this “permit,” gun owners would be required to submit to a live-fire exercise.
The destruction of the second amendment will be complete if this monstrosity of a bill is ever passed!
Read the full text of H.R. 5717 below.