President Donald Trump on Wednesday released an expanded list of people he’d consider naming to the Supreme Court if a vacancy opens up, including Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas).
H/T: The Epoch Times
“Apart from matters of war and peace, the nomination of a Supreme Court Justice is the most important decision an American president can make,” Trump said at the White House in Washington.
Additions to Trump’s Supreme Court potential nominee list:
- Bridget Shelton Bade of Arizona, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Daniel Cameron, Kentucky attorney general
- Paul Clement of Virginia, former U.S. solicitor general
- Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.)
- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas)
- Stuart Kyle Duncan of Louisiana, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Steven Engel of Washington, assistant attorney general
- Noel Francisco of New York, former U.S. solicitor general
- Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.)
- James Ho of Texas, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Gregory Katsas of Virginia, District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Barbara Lagoa of Florida, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Christopher Landau of Maryland, U.S. ambassador to Mexico
- Carlos Muniz of Florida, Supreme Court of Florida
- Martha Pacold of Illinois, District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Peter Phipps of Pennsylvania, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Sarah Pitlyk of Missouri, District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- Allison Jones Rushing of North Carolina, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Kate Todd of Virginia, deputy assistant to the president
- Lawrence VanDyke of Nevada, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
It's humbling and an immense honor to be considered for #SCOTUS.— Senator Ted Cruz (@SenTedCruz) September 9, 2020
Read my statement here on @realDonaldTrump’s list of potential Supreme Court nominees he announced today he might choose from in a second term.👇 pic.twitter.com/oOjuCHSs80
I’m honored that President Trump asked me to consider serving on the Supreme Court and I’m grateful for his confidence. I will always heed the call of service to our nation. https://t.co/fD10iVx952— Tom Cotton (@SenTomCotton) September 9, 2020
“Joe Biden has refused to release his list [of potential Supreme Court Justices], perhaps because he knows the names are so extremely far-left that they could never withstand public scrutiny.” -@realDonaldTrump— GOP (@GOP) September 9, 2020
Ted Cruz, Tom Cotton, and Josh Hawley would ALL make INCREDIBLE Supreme Court Justices.— Brigitte Gabriel (@ACTBrigitte) September 9, 2020
They are all immensely qualified for the job and President Trump is brilliant to add their names to his list of qualified potential SCOTUS choices.
NEW: @realDonaldTrump releases a list of 20 additional names to be considered for the U.S. Supreme Court.— Tim Murtaugh - Download the Trump 2020 app today! (@TimMurtaugh) September 9, 2020
Voters deserve this kind of clarity about how candidates for president would shape the court.
Joe Biden must do the same and release his list!https://t.co/5kvyPtGxYH